Happy second day of fall! This weekend, signs of fall were present in the brisk mornings where I practically needed to break out my sweaters and blankets. But then again, I am so used to the warm weather that even the slightest drop in temperature will make feel cold. Currently I am keeping an eye out for some pants with a pattern. Plaid, printed, and windowpane prints are patterns in particular that I am keeping my eye out for.
1. Mango Plaid Slim-Fit Trousers ~ £45
2. Ash Rain+Oak Nightfall Plaid Pants ~ $135
3. Zara Checkered Skinny Trousers With Zip ~ $80
4. Marc By Marc Jacobs Etta Printed Crepe Pants ~ $380
5. J. Crew Café Capri In Tile Print ~ $238
6. ASOS Soft Pants in Geo Print ~ $59
7. Joseph Cropped Checked Twill Pants ~ $435
8. Topshop Check Cigarette Trousers ~ $80
9. J. Crew Café Capri In Tattersall ~ $288
Zara Sweater and Heels, ASOS Pants, Necklace via Macy’s, Vintage Clutch, Marc by Marc Jacobs Watch
Leopard pants are certainly one item of clothing that seem tricky to wear, but are actually incredibly versatile. The image that appeared in my head was to wear this beautiful red sweater with them (how cute are those arm patches?!) along with gold accessories. I wanted to keep the other colors in my outfit simple so that the pants would stand out and there would not be too much mixing and matching of colors.
After reading this article on Vogue’s website about how to wear bold pants, I do not think that this season’s pants style is something I can get on board with. Wearing floral trousers while out and about would make me feel like I am wearing pajama pants. I just do not understand this trend and although the way they are styled on other people looks stylish, I cannot see myself wearing them.
What do you think about this trend? Would you wear printed pants?